by beauty expert, Katey Kristabelle
Killer double cleanse skincare routine, strategic hair washing schedule, but can’t remember the last time you’ve cleaned your makeup brushes? No judgment here - but those makeup brushes that hold onto product so you can blend, dab and glide also hold onto dirt, buildup, and bacteria that you could be transferring to your skin. Same goes for other beauty tools such as tweezers. The better condition you keep your tools, the longer they will last, and you will avoid all kinds of problems like breakouts, irritation, and infection. Taking care of your tools also helps them do their job better. Your makeup brushes will be softer, pick up better color and your tweezers will be sharper without any build up and grime on the tips.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR BEAUTY TOOLS:
image via pinterest
You will need:
- oil such as fractionated coconut oil, jojoba etc.
-gentle basic soap, such as an unscented dish soap, or shampoo.
Step By Step:
1) Separate your brushes to their size and needs. Typically brow, foundation, concealer, and lip brushes can be pre-washed with an oil before using your soap to loosen liquid makeup brom the brush hairs.
2) Dampen your brush, careful not to wet the handle to keep the hairs from loosening.
3) Apply a small amount of soap (or oil if pre washing)
4) gently swirl the brush hairs in the palm of your hand and work up a soft lather
5) Rinse under warm water
6) Repeat steps with your soap cleanser on the brushes you oil cleansed with first as needed
7) Gentle press out any excess water, careful not to pull or twist
8) Lay them to dry on a towel
Tip: Best to wash your brushes before bed, so you can wake up to dry ready to use brushes in the morning.
How to clean your ArteStile Tweezers:
1) Submerge tips in 70% alcohol for 10 minutes to disinfect. Wipe them dry with paper towel.
2) Lay flat to dry on a towel.
Tip: Always wait until they are completely dry before putting tip protector back on and storing them away.