Whenever I get a whitehead or blackhead that must be popped I take out the only three things I need: my trusty light up vanity mirror, some rubbing alcohol, and my ArteStile Double Loop Comedone Extractor. Read below to find out what a comedone extractor is and our tips on using one that will show you how to get rid of pimples fast.
How do I use a comedone extractor?
A Comedone Extractor, when used correctly, can extract your pimples much better and cleaner than two fingers ever will. Follow these instructions when using one:
- Only use the extractor on blackheads or whiteheads
- Always wash your face and disinfect your tools before you start.
- Open your pores by taking a hot shower or steaming your face. This helps soften the comedones and makes extracting easier.
- Always remember to be gentle when using one. We cannot stress this enough.
- Place the loop around the whitehead or blackhead and press down lightly or rock the tool back and forth slowly to gently apply pressure on both sides and push the sebum out.
- If the sebum doesn’t release easily, leave it alone. Applying too much pressure can scar the skin.
- Sanitize your extractor once you are done to remove any debris.
- Apply an antibacterial ointment to the treated areas.
This tool is life changing and if you’re a rebellious pimple popper like me, it will change your life too! When used correctly it will appear as if you hardly had a blemish at all.
Shop this story: